Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Break in the action

I decided to take a break in the story this week to broach two subjects.
First, in conversation with someone who read quite a bit of this story it was relayed to me that the situation I describe after the collapse would never occur. This person said that the way our society is today, we would simply kill each other for food. So my story should be about how people with food have to defend themselves from the heathen marauders. While I can't rule out this possibility, my heart says (as you probably sense in my writings) that we would overcome those attitudes. This person said there would be a group of people who had food who say, "it's ours and we're not sharing with anybody" and a group of people who have no food and say, "we need food , but no one will share it with us." Perhaps this is realism, but by now you know that I'm not a realist, but an idealist. I would like to see people change to the point where those without would say, "We need food, who will share some?" And those with would say, "We have food, who would like some?" Oversimplification, I guess. None-the-less, it's an attitude that needs to change for the sake of survival. My sincere hope is that my writing changes some hearts. Could I have feedback on this? (which brings me to #2)
Second, I receive little feedback. I do not know for sure if it's because no one is reading "Are You Ready" or if there is some glitch that does not allow readers' e-mails to come through. It is getting to the point that I feel I'm wasting my time, if no one is reading Alyssa's story. If you do read the story, please let my know. I need the encouragement. I do this for you.
By the way, I do have the end of chapter 15 written and a good portion of chapter 16.
To be continued................Mort

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please keep posting the story...some of us are reading it :)

Anonymous said...

KEEP GOING! I'm a faithful reader!