Thursday, April 03, 2008

The ten main problems with society

The ten main problems with society
(ignorance/greed and their manifestations)

1. We are a nation of consumers instead of producers.
2. A fiscally irresponsible federal government which has our country 9.4 trillion dollars in debt.
3. Control of the economy (like the stock and commodities markets and credit) by the Federal Reserve and other banking type industries.
4. A valueless dollar, not because it cannot buy as much as it used to, but because it is not backed by anything of real value. (ex.-gold standard)
5. Our dependence on oil and the way our economy is driven by oil.
6. Acceptance as a right to entitlements, even if you don’t work for them.
7. Belief that the government is the savior of the people.
8. Our litigious society and the unwillingness to accept responsibility for our own actions.
9. A state enforced school system that purports the above values, fueled by a system of higher education that supports that indoctrination.
10. Failure of churches and families to instill the proper values.

There is no easy fix
Collapse and start over would be the easiest, and probably inevitable.

Maybe next installment I’ll suggest some ways we could try to fix them.

To be continued……. Mort Stump

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nailed it!

I've read blogs and books for years on this subject. I've made money and lost money. Nothing in my experience comes close to boiling down my thoughts on it all like this post.

Good luck in the Great Downfall and God bless you.

Anonymous said...

I agree with your views on the iresponsibility of our society. It spends and spends but no one is producing the resources we need. I think you need to write more on your views of government and society. Especially now since we're headed for a bigger economic downfall.

Mort Stump said...

Thank you. I try. I have plenty of ideas, but should have more time to write. It is hard to believe that the debt has written by four and one half trillion since I posted that three and one half years ago. Very glad at least one person has read something I wrote - I get very few responses. By the way, the whole story itself is near completion - I need to finish chapter 28 and then 29 is the last one. The ending itself has been written.

thanks again ----Mort